Friday, June 26, 2009

My New Challenge

If you know me, you know I really like Coke Zero. My opinion-- it is the closest to the real thing. Yet, I have found I was drinking too much diet soda and Jon sends me e-mails constantly trying to scare me away with health research. I realized that it would help me to drink more water and since I live in the desert, we can't get enough moisture. Therefore, I have stopped drinking it. I quit cold turkey. I'm doing pretty good. Although, when I went on vacation, I enjoyed it a little bit. I told myself I will enjoy its goodness on rare occasions and vacations.

Here is a toast [of water] to this new resolution!

3 comments:

  1. I miss the days of a fully stocked fridge of Coca-Cola Zero. The Gerbil was always good about keeping the supplies up. Johnny and Oscar drink regular coke. It's weird to me... kind of like the feeling of having 2% milk after a lifetime of drinking non-fat where your feel like you are drinking a milkshake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to see you try to quit ice cream cold turkey too! Have you gotten any good text alert deals from Dairy Queen recently???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog! I can't believe you gave it up cold turkey - I'm so impressed! It was so good seeing you today. Can't wait for Harry Potter =)

    ReplyDelete